Theoben Rapid 7

FOR ALL THINGS RAPID,INFORMATION,ADVICE,HELP & BANTER.

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kev G A GENUS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:38 pm 
2" MOA

After months of frustration and talking to all the I knows, try this, what you should merchants’, I’m given KevG's phone number.(thanks Private Ryan)
I send him a text and a pm with my problems he returns my pm with call round and I’ll take a look only there is a problem 800 mile round trip. This turns out to be no problem he rings me and after a short conversation he identifies the problem which is a miracle in its self as I’m telling him it’s that thingy or you know the bit attached to the thingy. Anyway he sends me the parts and again we talk (well he talks allot) and my rapid is put back together and a nutshot mod attached (new purchases from Private Ryan top bloke) I take it out to zero and find it’s not working right where is the bang crash and thump i walk the 35 yards to the target (2 x 18 mm marine ply) and find holes in the fence behind omg i look behind the fence to find strike marks on the block wall. I must point out that my rapid is a 12 .22 FAC with a 21” barrel. So i go back and start zeroing properly i get my zero spot on and proceed to practice with an end result of 5 round group on a number 5 screw head

The peace on the left is a bit of pellet not part of the group and on top of all this I’m now getting about 30 more shots per fill on a 400 cc bottle
I’ve had a lot of rifle over the years and always wanted a rapid when I got it I was in ore of its abilities and thought there could be nothing better how wrong can you be, now that KevG has helped the rifle is beyond awesome it off the scale and just when I thought I was getting to old for creeping round the fields I’m like a born again kid a Christmas.
I cannot thank you enough Kev for your time and understanding I will forever be in your debt
All the very best
David
PS. I only go and tell a friend who has a leaking thingy on his rapid 7 so back to KevG I go and again tells me the score supplies the parts and advices over the phone on how to, the rifle fixed and improved goes back to my mate (the sort of bloke who wins the lottery and barely smiles) next I get a phone call and I cannot make out what’s wrong after about 5 minutes and he final calms down he explains that the rifle is beyond awesome. Two days later he’s on the phone again and claims that he s shot over a hundred rounds and the 400 cc bottle is still sitting at 90 bar previously only about 70 shots per fill.
So to conclude if you want it done right with the right parts made by a genus and a back up service second to none give KevG a pm and it will change the way you enjoy your shooting.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Kev G A GENUS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm 

Nice to hear you've finally got her sorted out :D

Very hard to get anyone in N.Ireland to work on rapids.

Thanks to this forum help is only a pm or a phone call away !

All the best and happy shooting, A1 :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:20 pm 
Rapid Master

many thanks for the kind words dave,it makes it all worth while with feed back like that,just glad you and your m8 are happy.
kevG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:26 pm 
5" MOA

:D lovely to hear that there are two more happy rapid shooters thanks to Kev, he is a proper gent and nothing is to much trouble for him :em17:

.177mk2 nikon with c mod & stevenb stock, .22MFR bullpup 21" anny trigger pentax pioneer, .20MK2,Zeiss conquest & rapid paul stock, .20mk2 c shroud bushnell legend & roby n stock, .22 mk1 whitetail & rh stock. agricultural my ar*s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 pm 
Rapid Master

robby n wrote:
:D lovely to hear that there are two more happy rapid shooters thanks to Kev, he is a proper gent and nothing is to much trouble for him :em17:

hows the young dog going m8 :wink: :mrgreen:
kevG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:23 pm 
5" MOA

kevG wrote:
robby n wrote:

hows the young dog going m8 :wink: :mrgreen:
kevG

Well behaved for a pup!! Reckon that reg pressure was about spot on getting loads of shots from a 280 and is putting accupell through the same hole at 35 :D
Reckon I've got the perfect job for her, was up the drainage yard today and a rat the size of a cat legged it out a pile of manhole covers, f me I havnt moved that quick in ages :? Long and short is they want them cleared so I reckon one man n his dog have work to do :D

.177mk2 nikon with c mod & stevenb stock, .22MFR bullpup 21" anny trigger pentax pioneer, .20MK2,Zeiss conquest & rapid paul stock, .20mk2 c shroud bushnell legend & roby n stock, .22 mk1 whitetail & rh stock. agricultural my ar*s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 am 
Bronze Member

Glad to hear all is well dave and your getting on well with your outfit :)
although im afraid,i havnt yet had the privalge of adding kev G to my list of contacts , old chap :) lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 am 
Bronze Member

just to echo,,,,kev is a real gent a nd a true rapid expert,,,,i have have spent time on the phone with kev and is always helpfull,going beyond the call to give an outstanding service,,,,he knows his stuff,,of that you can be certain!!!.
i have no hesitation reccomending anyone to go to kev if they need anything.
a top guy