BucketBoy - Master Wizard!

Section to tell members about your good or bad deals
Tim_B
Forum Supporter 2018

BucketBoy - Master Wizard!

#1 Post by Tim_B » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:05 pm

BucketBoy has helped me convert my .22 MFR to a '.20 Super Carbine' - and put up with some pretty stupid questions along the way. I now have a new barrel and shroud with replaced internals, which makes it very light, very consistent and very accurate.....which means I am very happy!

The man has the patience of a saint and an obscene skill for lathes and shrouds....how do you get a 10inch barrel to be just as quiet as an original MFR?

Thanks Pete, appreciate the work you put into this.

Tim B

P.s. I tried it against the Hugget full length MFR shroud and whilst the Huggett was marginally...and I mean ever so marginally quieter....I would take my .20 any day of the week.

Scotttomo
2" MOA

Re: BucketBoy - Master Wizard!

#2 Post by Scotttomo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 pm

I’ve just sent the wizard a PM on another forum for some reason I thought it was on here :D

Hopefully he will be able to wield some black magic on my MFR also :)

Tim_B
Forum Supporter 2018

#3 Post by Tim_B » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Scotttomo wrote:I’ve just sent the wizard a PM on another forum for some reason I thought it was on here :D. Hopefully he will be able to wield some black magic on my MFR also :)
If he can't use magic, he'll stick it on his lathe to sort it :D

daystatesniper

#4 Post by daystatesniper » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Yeah Pete is not a bad lad , just a pity about his clothes style and that nasty chewing tobacco habit :em2300: :em2300:

atvb' Mick

Scotttomo
2" MOA

#5 Post by Scotttomo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Wasn't aware of his dress style. He only send me nudes.......... :lol:

daystatesniper

#6 Post by daystatesniper » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm

OOOOoooeeeerrrrr missis.

atvb' Mick

Jimbouk

#7 Post by Jimbouk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:18 am

Tim_B wrote:BucketBoy has helped me convert my .22 MFR to a '.20 Super Carbine' - and put up with some pretty stupid questions along the way. I now have a new barrel and shroud with replaced internals, which makes it very light, very consistent and very accurate.....which means I am very happy!

The man has the patience of a saint and an obscene skill for lathes and shrouds....how do you get a 10inch barrel to be just as quiet as an original MFR?

Thanks Pete, appreciate the work you put into this.

Tim B

P.s. I tried it against the Hugget full length MFR shroud and whilst the Huggett was marginally...and I mean ever so marginally quieter....I would take my .20 any day of the week.
He certainly is a top man Tim, real top quality craftsmanship on my half of the barrel. The shroud is the quietest I have heard. He was also really helpful in assisting Blackmax with getting some other issues sorted on mine. I would always recommend them both. :em2300:

ogri48
Senior Member & Forum Supporter 2018

#8 Post by ogri48 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm

The man can turn out work on that relatively small and basic lathe that my local machine shop would struggle to do on a cnc..there’s definitely black magic afoot..