Andyg687 bad sales experience.

Section to tell members about your good or bad deals
smellmyflower
Senior Member & Forum Supporter 2019

Andyg687 bad sales experience.

#1 Post by smellmyflower » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm disappointed to be writing this & I'm hoping that Andy will put his side of the story across & explain that I'm mistaken.

I mentioned to my brother about the recent mfr that was up for sale on here.

https://www.rapid7ownersclub.com/viewto ... 39&t=24855

As I'd purchased a barrel from Andy a couple of weeks before & he was good to deal with, I assumed that I could reccomend him.
I'm writing this to help warn others as my brother isn't on here. This would have been his 1st rapid.

As I said in the other thread, my brother agreed a sale & collection day with Andyg687.
He mentioned in a further chat that he'd received other interest in the gun, and we can only assume it was a higher offer.
Now neither my Brother or I would have been cross about him cancelling the sale & going with a higher bid. It was very well priced for everything that was with it.

But he didn't. He let my brother drive all the way to Barnsley after a long day's work.
My brother was there at the agreed time, but Andyg687 bravely wasn't. He let his heavily pregnant Mrs deal with the situation instead.
It looks like he's blocked both my brother and I, both on iMessenger & what's app. However his phone works, as his Mrs phoned him while my brother was at his house & he answered her call.
Our messages are still undelivered.

I know it's Andyg687's decision to sell to whoever he wants, but he then needs to cancel the other arrangements.
It's not fair to let someone do a round trip from Stoke on Trent to Barnsley for no reason. He could have even said "I've decided to keep it" if he was embarrassed.
But no, he'd rather someone waste 4 hours of someone else's life.

Andyg687 has been on since I posted in the sales thread. No response.

I look forward to an alternative version of events that show some depth of character, until then I'll be giving anything he has for sale a miss.

Brooksy

Re: Andyg687 bad sales experience.

#2 Post by Brooksy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Phil, having met you and spent time with you, I can honestly say that you really don't deserve to be messed about, at least not like that, a simple phone call would have been nice and easy.
Andy, I know you're probably busy with the new baby, but come on, at least reply!
The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But It's The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese !!
Rapid Mk2. .20, Anschutz Trigger.
Air Wolf .177.

smellmyflower

#3 Post by smellmyflower » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it.

I imagine Andy is pretty busy now, this took place a last Friday.

bigals

#4 Post by bigals » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:43 pm

let's hope he can offer a good reason y he let u down. Al

.kevG.

#5 Post by .kevG. » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:41 pm

He told me someone was picking gun up on friday.bit shocked to be honest as Andy as always come over a good genuine guy having met him a good few times.
kevG

smellmyflower

#6 Post by smellmyflower » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 am

Same here Kev, we had a good chat over the phone when I purchased the. 20 barrel & he seemed really decent.
The barrel was exactly as described & further text chats about various things gave me the same opinion as you.

I hope you're right Al. Hopefully it's just miscommunication